Monday 20 January 2014

Red Bull, Coffee and Cookies....

Dawn is breaking and the Sun is softly lighting the morning skies above the Stanford Synchrotron. A chill is in the air that bites harder than you might expect, given the daytime temperatures will soon rise into the 70's. I slowly drag my feet up the gentle hill from Building 120 (that houses the accelerator). The various cocktails of caffeinated drinks, chatter and cookies have kept my brain whirring all night, but now it is time to sleep. Entering into the Stanford Guesthouse (our site-based accommodation), I bump into one of the Manchester day-shift. It seems I will by-pass another glorious day of Californian sunshine, but who needs the excess solar-rays when you can have x-rays brighter than a million Suns!


1 comment:

  1. Without a doubt, whenever I see a new coffee beer on tap anywhere I try it. Coffee stouts and porters are a favorite style of mine. Keurig K45

    ReplyDelete